Do you want to channel your inner Beyoncé or Khloé Kardashian but don’t have their beautiful locks? No problem, enter The Ponytail by “SHE.” This set of extensions is basically a strip of hair sewn together. In their upper part is a small “clip”, which is inserted into your short ponytail. Then you separate long thin strip of hair, which you wrap around your small ponytail and easily secure with a clasp. This kind of hairstyle perfectly holds all day long without need of any adjustments.
If you are new to extensions here are some common questions and answers people have.
What’s the different between synthetic and human hair?
They each have strengths and weaknesses. For instance, synthetic hair won’t frizz and will maintain its styled shape (so if the hair piece comes in curls, it will stay curled for days). Whereas human hair, like the hair on our heads, will need to be restyled often. However, on the pro side, human hair is easier to style in the end because synthetic hair doesn’t play well with hot tools. The Ponytail by “She” is 100% human hair.
While choosing synthetic or human hair is really a personal preference, the new synthetic clip-ins on the market do look awfully real. So real, in fact, that they’re all I worked with. Most people just assumed they were human hair until I told them the truth.
How do you pick the right color?
Your job is not to identify your hair color, your job is to look in a mirror and identify three colors. Most women have about three to seven different colors their hair. So, a pro tip is to move your hair around (pick it up, shake it) to find the dark, medium, and light shade.
If you want to fake highlights, get a hair piece in your lightest shade and layer it in with your real hair. If you’re on a budget and just want that one right color, use your middle shade. But, if you can swing it, incorporate more than one color. This will create dimension and keep it from looking flat and, well, fake.
How do I wash the hair pieces?
There’s no hard-and-fast rule on when to wash your extensions. But when they start to develop a smell, it’s time. To wash, make a cold-water bath, mix in your favorite shampoo, and let the extensions sit for a bit. After about 10 minutes, massage the hair—don’t scrub. Finish off with a cold-water rinse.
To dry, you can either lay the hair flat or clip the extensions on a hanger. Pro tip-Hang human hair pieces up so they don’t tangle. Clip ins can knot very easily.
Here’s how you should care for your Shilo Hair Extensions: Wash With Water and mild shampoo, then use conditioner and rinse it.for the best result we are recommend to use the’’OLEA’’ hair care products that you can find in our website or any hair care that contain olive oil. Let it dry overnight or use a blow dryer in low setting. Than brush out and its ready to use again.
There are several ways you can wear these extensions. Turn a fake ponytail into a topknot.
Play-By-Play Instructions: Brush your hair back into a ponytail so all the short pieces laid flat. Clip in the Shilo Ponytail Extensions. Then, wrap the long section of hair in the ponytail around the base of the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin. For the bun, twist the ponytail around itself and pin where necessary.
Another way to rock the clip in is to with a high sleek ponytail using hair extensions. For this look you need 2 additional clip in extensions.
- Start off with creating a small ponytail at the crown of your head. This little ponytail will act as a secure base for clipping in the hair extensions.
- Take a 3 clip weft and start clipping it in around the ponytail. Be sure to clip in as close to the hair elastic as possible, so that you will have space to clip in other wefts. The tighter you clip these wefts in around the hair elastic, the more comfortable it will feel.
- Continue to clip 2 and 3 clip wefts in the same manner, around the ponytail that you’ve created.
- For extra thickness, you can use 1 clip wefts and simply clip them onto the wefts that are already clipped into your hair.
- Then, gather all your hair into a high ponytail and make sure that it covers the wefts. This is why it was important to clip them in tightly – the smaller the base, the easier it is to conceal it.
- Secure the ponytail with a hair tie and smooth away any flyaways.
- To finish off the look, take a hair strand and wrap it around the base of your ponytail. Not only will this hide the hair elastic, but will also give a very polished and unique look.
Here’s a video tutorial for another look using The Ponytail by “SHE”:
Curious to see what our ponytail clip looks like? Check out this video tutorial from @elwa__ on Instagram!